Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 large pieces haddock (or other white fish) approx 180g each
- 1 handful breadcrumbs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium leek – washed and cut into thin rings
- 3 large potatoes – peeled and cut into cubes
- 150 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives (you can also use spring onions)
- Place the potato into a pot of lightly salted water and simmer until soft. Drain water, then add milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs with lemon juice and zest and pat firmly onto the fish.
- Place in a hot oven and roast for 8 – 10 mins until the topping is crispy.
- While the fish is cooking, gently fry leeks with the remaining butter over a medium heat until soft.
Remove fish from oven.
- Mix chopped herbs through the mashed potato, and place a spoonful onto each plate. Add the fish on top of the mash and serve surrounded by the creamed leeks.
Our recipes are supplied by Bord Bia.