Ingredients – Serves 4
- 4 fresh whole mackerel – gutted and cleaned
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon castor sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint, parsley or chives
- 1 lemon – cut in quarters
- Cook the mackerel under a very hot grill or on a barbecue for about 3 minutes each side.
- While the fish is cooking, cut the tomatoes into slices, arrange in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, a little salt and pepper, olive oil and chopped herbs.
- Remove mackerel from the heat and serve.
Lemon wedges, tomato salad and crusty bread.
Our recipes are supplied by Bord Bia.